You may either submit the Terms and Conditions (NFN-LG-001-R0414 ) online by filling out the authorization below or download the pdf file and fax to 1-866-583-0520 or email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions about the information in the Terms and Conditions please contact Rodger Talstra at 780-665-2863 ext. 10.
ENEFEN ENERGY EFFICIENCY ENGINEERING LTD. Suite 705, 101-5101 50th Avenue, Leduc, AB T9E 0B9 Suite 213, 9865 West Saanich Rd, North Saanich, BC V8L 5Y8 780-665-2863 Fax: 1-866-583-0520
ENEFEN TERMS & CONDITIONS OF SALE
1. ACCREDITED INSPECTION BODY ENEFEN is an accredited Type C Inspection Body (IB), authorized by the Standards Council of Canada (SCC) to perform both design and field approvals of installed and operational one-of-a-kind fired appliances, according to the requirements of SCC CAN-P-1608, Appendix C. We are not a Certification Body and cannot certify any type of product at a manufacturing facility.
2. REPORTS Any claims of compliance by ENEFEN, whether written or verbal, arising from system evaluation shall not be considered final and effective until
a Final Approval report signed by our QA manager is issued and the
rating plate is attached to your equipment. ENEFEN retains any and all rights of ownership of ENEFEN’s concepts, ideas, inventions,
techniques, processes, source code, patents, registered trademarks or copyrights used in preparing our reports and providing services to the client. Only the client is authorized to copy or distribute ENEFEN’s reports and then only in their entirety, and the client shall not use
the reports in a misleading way.
3. CONFIDENTIALITY All client reports and data are confidential except in the event that
the client does not own the subject equipment in which case the owner will be entitled to full access to reports and technical data.
4. PAYMENT These payment terms shall apply unless specified otherwise in writing:
Net 30 days after receipt of invoice.
All single stage reports invoiced 100% on delivery of report.
All multistage reports invoiced 100% on completion of last phase, but
not later than 30 days after the completion of the first phase. Projects longer in duration than 30 days will be invoiced in monthly progress payments.
Full payment may be required before work can be started for new clients without approved credit.
Overdue accounts will incur interest charges of 2% per month.
5. ADDITIONAL COSTS Extra cost may be charged for travel to remote sites or where special
travel arrangements are necessary. Extra cost for expedited project processing and priority inspection is based on our standard Service
Rate Sheet. Extra cost for additional shop/field inspections, multiple reviews due to incomplete documentation, design changes, or
engineering consulting and design time necessary to bring design to
Code or to address specific process/control requirements based on our
standard Service Rate Sheet. Overtime in excess of 8 hrs/day or 40 hrs
per week, or holiday work at 150% of regular rate.
6. INACTIVE APPROVAL PROJECTS System deficiencies found at the field inspection will require
corrective action from you. If not received within 30 days a reactivation charge of $200.00 will apply for any
7. DELIVERY Field inspection and report delivery dates are estimated based on ENEFEN’s current schedules. We shall not be responsible for any additional costs, consequential damages, or damages of any nature caused by changes in such dates or schedules.
8. CANCELLATION OR DELAY OF ORDER All cancelled or delayed projects will be invoiced to cover all costs incurred according to our rate sheets, and any other costs that may apply. A minimum charge of $100.00 will apply for cancelled projects.
9. STANDARD DRAWINGS
Our standard drawings include the minimum requirements to meet
governing regulations. It is the client’s responsibility to provide any additional safety devices that may be deemed necessary for your application.
10. COMPLAINTS & APPEALS
As part of our Quality Management System ENEFEN has a process to document and promptly address any complaints regarding an inspection and any complaint resolution that has been rejected and appealed. SCC shall be the final level of appeal in any resulting disputes regarding conformance with accreditation criteria and ENEFEN shall abide by all SCC decisions. The client will be responsible for: a) Keeping a record of all complaints relating to a product's compliance with the relevant codes and standards, and to make these records available to ENEFEN when requested; b) Taking appropriate action with respect to such complaints and any deficiencies found in products that affect compliance with the inspection requirements; c) Documenting the actions taken; and, d) Providing access, upon request, to the SCC team to witness ENEFEN’s team perform an inspection of the client’s site.
11. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY This limitation shall apply unless specified otherwise in writing.
ENEFEN shall not be responsible for the acts and workmanship of the employees, contractors, sub-contractors or agents of the purchaser. ENEFEN shall not be liable to the purchaser for any loss or injury to persons or property caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the purchaser, its employees, contractors, suppliers or their employees, agents or subcontractors. In no event shall ENEFEN be liable for special, indirect or consequential damages.
12. HAZARDOUS CONDITIONS & NON-CONFORMING PRODUCTS ENEFEN as an SCC accredited IB is required under the terms of its accreditation agreement to have its clients comply with appropriate SCC requirements related to taking corrective action for non-conforming appliances and installations as follows: In the event of the field approved appliance becoming unsafe to operate or found to be non-conforming, you agree to notify ENEFEN as soon as possible and to take appropriate action to correct the hazard or non-conformance. Such action may include repairing the appliance to achieve compliance with field approval requirements. You may also choose to remove the ENEFEN field approval/rating plate and cease using the appliance. In case of an unsafe condition, which may pose an immediate danger to the personnel, public, property or environment, ENEFEN is obligated under the law to report such condition immediately to the owner's representative and/or to appropriate authorities. Furthermore, all accidents involving injury requiring professional medical attention, fatality, or property damage exceeding $250 must be under the law reported to the appropriate authorities. In case of non-conformance of the appliance or any of its components you agree to correct such non-conformance as soon as possible and advise ENEFEN of the action taken. Non-conformance could for example be when a previously approved appliance becomes hazardous due to a component recall, an appliance which bears an altered field approval/rating plate, an appliance which continues to bear a field approval rating plate after field approval has been rescinded or an appliance which is in violation of the field approval agreement. In some cases, a re-inspection and re-approval of the appliance may be required.
13. CERTIFIED PRODUCT INCIDENTS, SAFETY CONCERNS AND RECALLS ENEFEN is obligated under the law to report to appropriate authorities and the SCC any product incidents, product safety concerns or product recalls involving certified products / installations. All such notices will be posted on the SCC website.
14. CLIENT ACCESS TO ENEFEN CERTIFICATION DOCUMENTS
ENEFEN clients shall have access to specific quality system documents and related certification requirements. These may be requested from the Quality System Manager.
15. GOVERNING CONDITIONS The laws of Alberta, Canada shall apply.
Project Authorization: By filling out the form below, and typing "I AGREE" in the last field, you agree to the Terms & Conditions as set forth above and recognize the responsibilities you have in working with ENEFEN Energy Efficiency Engineering Ltd, an accredited Inspection Body.
To request client complaint process please call our office at 780-665-2863.